Monday, March 6, 2017

Instant Pot Homemade Mac and Cheese


When I first got my Instant Pot, one of the meals I was most looking forward to was homemade Mac and Cheese! I've never made it on the stove, or in a crockpot even but I'd been hearing rave reviews about how creamy it cone out in the IP.

The kids absolutely loved it! My husband and I were big fans as well, and look forward to creating it many times over, as well as jazzing it up various ways (A post for another day...).

Here's how I did it:

Instant Pot Creamy Mac & Cheese

16oz Macaroni noodles (elbow, tube or shell pasta, as desired)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons salt
2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 cups of water

Pour in your macaroni, butter, salt and water and close the lid. Flip nozzle to SEALING.
Cook for 4 minutes on HIGH MANUAL.
Open via Quick Rele ase.

Switch Instant Pot over to Saute setting and stir in whipping cream.
Slowly add the shredded cheese to your liking, stirring to blend.

Be sure to switch over to WARM or OFF when done.

So thats it! Homemade Mac & Cheese in about 10 minutes!!

As you can tell from my pics, we added a can of spicy Rotel tomatoes to ours and it was incredible!

What add-ins do you like with Mac & Cheese?




15 comments:

  1. Mac and cheese is a big hit at our house! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe!! Pinned to share too. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyyyy! Thanks for this recipe!! Can't wait to try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good mac and cheese recipe and this looks like it would not disappoint. Thanks so much for sharing at My Busy Beehives #beeparty. Please come again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made homemade mac and cheese before, but I was impressed how much simpler it is in the instant pot. I think I used a recipe similar to yours. Another win for the instant pot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely, creamy, rich Mac and Cheese this is. That is so cool it can be made in just 10 minutes! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Hearth and Soul. Hope to 'see' you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super yummy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. How quick and easy Instant Pot makes a mac & cheese, it looks delicious. Thanks for sharing with Fiesta Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that sounds like a great gadget! Thanks for sharing this at the DI & DI Link Party, we loved reading it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipe for the Instant Pot, thank you for bringing it to Fiesta Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Mac and Cheese looks great! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mac and cheese is my favorite food - Oh my oh my oh my - I want this!! Had to pin this dish! Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good! I am a huge fan of mac and cheese. Now all I need is a Instant Pot! Thanks for sharing at the Friday at the Fire Station link-up!
    Jen
    www.afiremanswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I personally like your article and thumbs up to you for sharing!
    -Markbenz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Find out the most premium health and beauty products in Pakistan at Posch Care that is stocked with a wide variety of skin care items for you.
    best moisturizer in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  15. POSCH Care Vitamin C Mist enriched with Power Radiance Boosters is your elixir for radiant, refreshed, and glowing skin.
    Vitamin C Mist

    ReplyDelete