Wednesday, October 19, 2016

No-Sew Chunky Crocheted Socks


My sister-in-law recently sent me a picture of some crochet socks that she found on Pinterest and asked me if I could make her some.

I instantly agreed, especially since I was getting really really tired and bored with my current project – a king/queen sized Star Wars C2C blanket that consists of way too much black, white and grey!

I spent the rest of that evening just looking at free and paid patterns and just couldn’t really find the right one and I did not feel like sewing a whole bunch of pieces together.

When it comes to socks I am usually a knitting person, but she definitely wanted the chunky look of crochet, so I just kept trying out different ways and styles until I came up with my own pattern.

After sharing it in one of my favorite Facebook crochet groups, I was so overwhelmed with the responses that I got that I ended up making another pair to double check the pattern to share it with everyone – For Free!

This pattern is made to fit my own shoe size (and my sister in law luckily has the same!!).

Size 6 No Sew Crochet Socks

As with every pattern that I have shared so far, I would like to ask a few things of you.

These are just some basic ethical  standards that I hope people will follow for other crafters who share their work, too:

Don’t tamper with it and then go around claiming it as your own. It’s a bitch move and I am probably in every crochet group that exists and I will find you!

Do not copy and sell this pattern. Just don’t. Don’t be that person. No one likes that kind of people.

Please let others know where you got it from and include a link to this blog when sharing the pattern. Sharing is great! And if you want more free patterns, this is how you get it. Share the blog link and I will find the motivation to type up that huge folder that I have laying right next to me.

What you need:    
  • Yarn
  • Crochet Hook (I used an I hook)
  • Yarn darner
  • Scissors
  • Patience
Start:
>Magic loop with a chain 2 and 10dc                                                                   =11
>Increase every one                                                                                              =22
>18 rounds of dc                                                                                                   =22/each
>18 dc for the next 6 rows                                                                                    =18/each
>1dc, 8 dc decrease, 1 dc                                                                                      =10
>1 dc, 4 dc decrease, 1 dc                                                                                     =6
>join with a slip stitch into the beginning loop of the row                                   = n/a
>chain 2, 1dc in same spot, 7 dc, 2 dc increase, 4dc, 2 dc increase, 7dc, join     =28
>chain 2, 9dc, 1dc increase, 9dc, 1dc increase, 7dc                                             =30
>2 rounds                                                                                                              =30/each
>chain 2, 4dc, 1dc decrease, 20dc, 1dc decrease, 1dc                                          =28
>20 rounds                                                                                                            =28/each
>chain 2, 6dc, 1dc increase, 8dc, 1dc increase, 11dc                                           =30
>3 rounds                                                                                                              =30/each
>chain 2, 7dc, 1dc increase, 11dc, 1dc increase, 9dc                                           =32
>1 round                                                                                                               =32
>chain 2, 8dc, 1dc increase, 13dc, 1dc increase, 8dc                                           =34
>6 rounds                                                                                                              =34/each
>chain 2, 11dc, 1dc decrease, 13dc, 1dc decrease, 4dc                                        =32
>chain 2, 13dc, 1dc decrease, 8dc, 1dc decrease, 6dc                                          =30
>1 round                                                                                                                =30


It is really simple. The decreasing at the heel will form a natural cup like shape for the heel. Then you can just work your way up the leg.


Now, like I mentioned above, this pattern was created to fit my feet, which are a Size 6. If that would be too tight or too loose for your own, you should be able to simply adjust it by starting with more dc or increasing or decreasing more.

Happy Crocheting!



19 comments:

  1. Yay!! Thank you so much! What size yarn did you use??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the regular Red Heart Super Saver Yarn.
      I am not sure what size yarn it is but I see if I can find out!

      Delete
  2. I bet they keep you warm!! Please come share this at the Homesteader Hop https://www.floydfamilyhomestead.com/2016/10/19/homesteader-hop-25/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these and if I lived in a state that had winter I would try to make me a pair. Just lovely and I would love it if you would share this lovely post at a link party I am co-hosting. I hope to see you there. http://diy180site.blogspot.com/2016/10/dishing-it-and-digging-it-link-party-119.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So flipping cute! Learning to crochet was added to my bucket list years ago, so I'm pinning this for when that wild hair comes. That last "supply" you listed has definitely been hard to come by recently��. Hope you have a terrific week! Stopping by from the #bloggerspitstop

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks a gorgeous and I am sure they would be lovely and warm. Well done.

    Kathleen
    Bloggers Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look warm and cozy!! Thanks for sharing on the Pleasures of the NW’s DIY party-and don’t forget to leave a comment at the party – Next week’s features that also leave a comment get pinned and tweeted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look so comfy. Following you from Crafty Saturdays.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crocheting socks is on my to-do list. I'm not a very good knitter but I love to crochet :)

    I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/10/happy-homemaker-monday-102416.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now those will keep your toes toasty! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look so snuggly! Just wondering: are these too chunky to wear with shoes and so are considered for use in the home? Or do you wear them out, too? Thanks for sharing-- Pinned! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. My grandmother used to crochet me slippers every year for Christmas. I lie the sock idea though. Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Pinned! Have a great week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are SO CUTE. I wish I could knit! Thank you for sharing your creativity at #FridayFrivolity! Pinning and tweeting...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What cute crocheted socks! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, I want some too. Thank you for sharing these adorable crocheted socks at Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party! I am featuring you tomorrow on Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute. Definitely a someday project. Did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really nice sock you have made here :-)

    ReplyDelete