Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Review: Rustic Simplicity

Reviewer ~ Jackie Snider


I personally contacted Linda and Lindsay Colton, Mother-Daughter duo, owners of Rustic Simplicity to try their products. I came across them on Facebook, through activity on a friends feed, and fell in love with their items. 



I asked them to just surprise with what they were sending as I just could not narrow down what I would prefer to receive for review. After a few weeks of back and forth, I got a bubble envelope in the mail with their return stamp. Inside was a beautifully crafted fold-over clutch.




In folded over position it is roughly, 7 inches by 10.5 inches. I’m not generally a fan of carrying purses without handles. I actually tend to carry very large catch-all style bags. I’m a mom so I always have an array of snacks and toys and of course, all of my own needs. So while I’m sure this would hold plenty of everyday items, I decided to use it as more of pocket within a purse.

I discovered that it fits my Kindle Fire beautifully. I loved having the extra protection when toting it around. Also most normal book sizes fit as well. I always dread shoving a book into my bag and risk bending pages, or getting it messy somehow, so this is a perfect solution. The third use I that personally utilized was protecting paper. I had a meeting with my daughter’s school, to sign her up for the following year this past week. I had a bunch of paperwork that I had to bring. I decided to just fold it over and put it in the clutch. It saved me time from having to search through and find it, and as with the books, kept it protected.

I did not see any cosmetic or engineering flaws in the clutch. There are no loose threads and the fabric is perfectly clean. This fold over clutch retails for $35.

Rustic Simplicity prides themselves on handmade ‘country chic’ quality creations. In stock on their website I have seen clutches, wristlets, cowls, and infinity scarves and dishcloth/hot pads. They also do custom orders. In addition to an amazing one of a kind product, with you purchase, you will also be helping some adorable fur-babies. Linda and Lindsay Colton donate a portion of their sales to the Houston SPCA.

Find Linda and Lindsey on Facebook
or shop their Website: Rustic Simplicity  



*** 
This post was originally posted at WAHM Review and is being cross posted here by the original author.  I received no monetary compensation for this review, however I was provided with the product for free for purposes of review.  All opinions are my own. Click here see our full disclosure policy.



No comments:

Post a Comment